Tuesday, December 11, 2007

snow day


It has been snowing for the last 5 days. We are not working of course. I would like to use this time to vent about my pet peeve. long term weather forecasters. They come out of the woodwork around October and predict what kind of Winter we are going to have. This years prediction? A dry, mild Winter with little or no moisture. Don't buy a ski pass it will be nothing but mud up there. OK all meteorologists repeat after me, "We can't predict the weather beyond five days and we will stop trying"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Pete & Susie, Just went to this blog.....what a treat for me as I sit in my hotel room alone. It makes me feel like I will one day get back to Taos! I can't believe the snow. Ivy said it was 3 degrees when he left the house this morning. The average temp here is about 50 - 55 during the day. The Mojave is beautiful and I enjoy the desert landscape every morning and early evening as I drive to and from the post. Things are going very well workwise. I am very busy and seeing alot of people as well as giving briefs, etc. I look forward to coming home on Jan. 26. Maybe we should plan a dinner with you guys and Joe and Sheila? Pete, maybe you can talk to Ives about it and you guys figure out what would work. I so look forward to getting back to my friends and my life! Your house is lovely, and it's great to see pictures of Ivy and the crew. Love, Nakeesha